After three and a half years and four internships, I’ve had my fair share of Starbucks runs and making friends with the copier. These are just some common intern duties that I have not done at ClearVision. My name is Amanda, and I am a marketing intern at ClearVision. I started here in the summer of 2011. Now that I am attending grad school back at home, I was fortunate enough to return to my position. Over the past year, I’ve been given a whole slew of new responsibilities, and I’m proud to say that I’m viewed more as a junior employee than a behind-the-scenes helper.
If you haven’t heard about ClearVision’s intern program yet, let me tell you, it is truly one of a kind. Between the discussions with managers, community outreach, and fun games and activities, there is always something exciting to look forward to. I’d like to give you an inside view of my typical day to see that, well, it’s not so typical for an intern.
- 8:30 a.m. Arrive to work. Respond to emails and create a weekly analytical report for our website, email blasts, and social activity.
- 10:00 a.m. Time for a meeting with a brand manager in the product department. Here I’ll get to see all the 2013 releases for Cole Haan and IZOD! Besides from admiring the new frames, I’ll also hear about the inspiration behind each frame, which will help me when I write content.
- 1:00 p.m. Lunch and learn! A young ClearVision employee gives us a presentation called “Book Bags to Briefcases,” a guide for navigating life after college, while we munch on subs and cookies.
- 2:00 p.m. Search the web for press ClearVision received this week.
- 3:00 p.m. Finish up the latest blog post and social media project I’m working on.
- 5:30 p.m. Time to head out. Looking forward to tomorrow!
I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences and thoughts with you every month. Until next time!